Sunday, March 4, 2012

BBQ Tease

It's 56 degrees today and it feels like spring.
It's the kind of day when kids  throw on shorts and flip flops
and ride around the neighborhood
on their bikes and skateboards.
And we, old more mature folks, 
put on our long sleeve t-shirts and fire up the bbq.
Does anything smell better than a bar-b-que?
Yes, we were those neighbors who were
teasing everyone with the smell of briquettes
and hickory chip smoke.
Mmmmm so good.

Barbecuing at our house is a two man job.
While I prepare the meat, Rob prepares the grill.

Today we are cooking both chicken and fish,
Like my wise Dad says,
"Make hay while the sun shines."

Should I learn how to do this myself?
Nah. 
Rob starts the briquettes heating in this handy dandy
chimney thing.
At this point we have about 1/2 hour
before the meat goes on the grill.

Most of the time, 
we don't marinate our chicken
because we like the straight up smokey taste.
We don't even salt and pepper it.
We did cut most of the breasts in half so they weren't so thick.
Smokey deliciousness!

Now for the fish. . .

I found this recipe for miso maple salmon
last summer and we love it.
The recipe is for salmon, but we use talapia.
We bought this nifty fish holder because we were
losing too much fish on the grill.
Hint: spray it down with "Pam" really well
or you will have a mess on your hands trying to remove the fish.
However, we do enjoy picking the pieces off
and eating them right on the spot.
We really load this sucker up good,
add more chips, and let her cook.
(Of course, when I say "we" I mean Rob)
Believe it or not, the burned pieces are the best!

We ate all this fish in about 3 minutes.
Well, it was good while it lasted.

If you have nice weather this week,
I would love to encourage you to
dust off your grill
and be the neighborhood
BBQ Tease!







2 comments:

  1. Oh, yummm! I wish I could have been there to enjoy that with you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been? I am missing your blogs.

    ReplyDelete