Today was a great day. I didn't do anything spectacular, but it was a day full of wonderful little things. The quote on my calendar was perfect for today:
very little is
needed to make
a happy life.
1. I woke up without a headache today. I've had a headache for three days. Yay! No pain behind my eye today!
2. Rob went out in the cold and bought me a coffee from my favorite coffee shop.
3. I used the adorable coffee cozy Meg gave me for Christmas.
4. It was a baking kind of day. I made our favorite banana bread. There's nothing like smelling delicious bread baking on a cold January morning. You can find the recipe and directions here.
5. We just bought a bag of clementines and they looked so pretty in my silver bowl.
6. The first flower on my paper white bloomed today.
7. Meg and I made our favorite lunch: Chicken salad on a croissant, Garden Salsa Sun Chips, and grapes. This is normally something we eat on hot summer afternoons, but we liked it just as much on a chilly day like today.
8. Bargain Shopping! Megan and I hit the local thrift shops looking for some fun items to "up-cycle". We are so excited to create some great things.