Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Little Things that Made Me Smile Today

Today was a great day.  I didn't do anything spectacular, but it was a day full of wonderful little things.  The quote on my calendar was perfect for today:

Remember this~
very little is
needed to make
a happy life.
 -Marcus Aurelius


1.  I woke up without a headache today.  I've had a headache for three days.  Yay! No pain behind my eye today!
2.  Rob went out in the cold and bought me a coffee from my favorite coffee shop.
3.  I used the adorable coffee cozy Meg gave me for Christmas.
4.  It was a baking kind of day.  I made our favorite banana bread.  There's nothing like smelling delicious bread baking on a cold January morning. You can find the recipe and directions here.
5.  We just bought a bag of clementines and they looked so pretty in my silver bowl.
 
6.  The first flower on my paper white bloomed today. 

7.  Meg and I made our favorite lunch:  Chicken salad on a croissant, Garden Salsa Sun Chips, and grapes.  This is normally something we eat on hot summer afternoons, but we liked it just as much on a chilly day like today.

 
8.  Bargain Shopping!  Megan and I hit the local thrift shops looking for some fun items to "up-cycle".  We are so excited to create some great things.


No comments:

Post a Comment