Saturday, January 7, 2012

Some more photo editing

I was doing some research about blogging when I came across several accomplished Bloggers who said they use a point and shoot type camera for their blog photos.  I found that  very encouraging.  Some of them are using a free editing program called Picnik.  I thought I would check it out and see what I could do there.  It was so much fun. The time just flew by.   Around 1:30 a.m. when I finally called it quits, I could barely stand on my legs they were so stiff!  Note to self:  Get up and walk around while blogging. I guess next time I shouldn't have my son fetching diet coke for me all night. 
I really had fun with the texting in this program.  They have a lot of great fonts.  I don't think I will put text on my photos very often, but it was new to me so I couldn't stop.

I thought I would try editing the same picture I edited  before in Photoshop Elements so I could compare the two.   I like how the text distracts a little from the classroom stuff in the background.


Next, I tried a picture of my mantle at Thanksgiving.  I added a text that I thought looked like a watermark.  I also like the frame on this one.


I had a display last Valentines Day that I really liked.  I painted a paper mailbox to look like it was old painted metal.  I bundled together some letters that Rob sent me in high school and college (So sweet!), wrapped them in a red bow, and set them in the lap of an antique doll.  The pictures aren't very impressive.  The display was in an old (and not the cool kind of old) oak hutch.  The lighting was bad and the wood looked really icky.  Here again, I added some text to disguise a part of the photo I didn't like.  I also tried a before and after display option.

So, if you're like me, and you're looking for an exciting Friday night idea, you might want to edit your photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment